Growing your mailing list and generating leads is going to be a main priority for your business and sign-up form are the key to building your email list. In this video social media strategist Megan Adams teaches the ways you can use sign up form to increase subscribers and how to optimize your sign up forms. This includes placement, copy, and form customization.
- [Voiceover] Growing your mailing list…and generating leads is going to be…a main priority for your business.…One of the main ways you'll do this…is through signup forms.…We've all seen these in action.…They pop up in the middle of you…reading an article, or they have a flashing button,…get your free download here,…at the top of a website.…So, the question is, how do you optimize…your signup forms to increase subscribers…and still maintain the integrity…and professionalism of your brand…without driving your audience nuts?…The first thing to consider is placement.…Different placements on your website…are going to yield different results.…
Place opt-in forms where they count.…Here are some places that I recommend.…First is the feature box,…so this is a large box that sits above…your company content, presenting a snapshot…of what your list is about and why people…will benefit if they subscribe.…I want to head over to Social Triggers…to show you a bold example of this.…There's no missing this opt-in form.…It's above the fold, and the call to action is clear.…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.