Importing contacts for your email list is a necessary task and one that most every email marketing platform will have a tool for. In this video social media strategist Megan Adams covers step by step how you can import your email contacts. In this video you will learn how to import customers to your email marketing list from a csv or text file, or through copying and pasting your contacts.
- [Voiceover] There are many situations where you will need…to import customers to your email marketing list.…Most every email marketing platform has a tool…where you can import lists from a csv or text file.…And it's in these files that you can include…the necessary fields, such as name, email address,…and some more advanced fields like IP address and location.…But it's the integration with other services…that will really help you build and scale…your email marketing efforts.…These are services like Salesforce, FreshBooks,…Zendesk, and even Google Drive.…
Let's use the fictional brand Hansel and Petal…as an example for this.…Hansel and Petal is an online flower retailer,…and they sell all of their products online.…They have integrated their online store with MailChimp…which is their email marketing platform.…With this integration, Hansel and Petal's not only able to…import this contact information, but to also gather…some really valuable customer behavior and profiles.…An example of this is ecommerce link tracking.…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.