A great subject line can highly influence whether your subscriber opens your email, or deletes it. In this video social media strategist Megan Adams teaches what makes an effective subject line and how you can write them for your emails. This includes best practices for writing email subject lines: keep them short, use personalization and more do's and don'ts.
- [Voiceover] A great subject line can highly influence…whether your subscriber opens your email or deletes it.…Let's take a look at some subject lines here…and see what makes them stand out from the crowd or not.…I picked out four subject lines I found…in my email that I really liked.…The first is Warby Parker.…They're an online glasses retailer.…They're letting my know that my prescription is expiring…and that I might want to renew it,…and maybe even order a new pair of frames while I'm at it.…Next is from Derek Halpern…and his $46,398 in 10 days subject line.…
This email had me wondering if he's dishing out…some secret on how to make that much money,…or if that's what he's made in the last 10 days,…so I definitely clicked on that.…Airbnb does a great job of personalization.…I booked a trip to Bali through them,…and a week before my trip, they sent this email…containing some tips on what to do while I'm there.…And next, from Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income.…I love his confirmation email subject line.…It's witty, and it's letting me know…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.