Once extremely popular, social scoring platforms may no longer be the go-to tools for influencer discovery. However, they are still useful for influencer research and analysis. Learn what social scoring platforms are, what they do, and how to them properly.
- [Instructor] Now let's turn to social scoring platforms…and based on examples study what they are,…what they do, and how to use them.…In August of 2011, General Motors kicked off…the launch of Chevy's Sonic.…In November, they tapped into influencer marketing.…To promote the all new hatchback,…they selected 130 consumers with Klout score…of 45 or higher and loaned them their Sonic…to test drive for three days in five major U.S. cities.…
The results,…Chevrolet said it got 16,000 positive social media mentions,…user generated videos, three claims…of a special discount, and one confirmed purchase.…Judging by the fact that less than half a year later,…Chevy employed an identical tactic…to create a buzz around another model,…the results were deemed satisfactory.…Klout is one of the world's best known…social scoring platforms.…In 2012 and 13, analysis of Klout scores…was widely employed in influencer marketing…both online and offline, and it was even used…by companies in their hiring process.…
This platform scores social media users…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the key factor in differentiating between a paid endorsement and a recommendation from a trusted source.
- Recognize examples of macro-influencers.
- Recognize examples of micro-influencers.
- Summarize how to turn an unhappy customer's experience into a positive for influencer marketing.
- Distinguish between an influencer database and an influencer network.
- Recall the most common motivation for influencers.
- Explain the purpose of the FTC.