An onboarded influencer means very little until they start to actively promote you or your product. This video lesson helps you learn how to make the most of three principles of influencer activation: clarity of expectations, suitability of incentives, and consistency of approach.
- [Instructor] Since the ultimate goal of any…influencer marketing campaign is an action…on the influencer's part, a recruited influencer…means very little until they activate.…This lesson will present the principles you'll want…to follow while approaching affiliate activation.…To effectively activate influencers,…you'll want to cover three bases.…First, to ensure full alignment…of everyone's expectations, the first thing…that you need to do is define…what will constitute influencer activation for you.…
Examples of influencer actions that you…may want to target are a mention on social media.…If it's a concrete platform that…you are targeting, specify it here.…A review within content, for example…in a blog post or in a video.…Or, them beginning to refer traffic…to your campaign's landing page.…Or, driving conversions.…Once you've ensured 100% clarity…on what is activation, move on to the next phase.…
The next stage is setting suitable incentives.…Now, suitable is the key word here,…as incentives will differ depending…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the key factor in differentiating between a paid endorsement and a recommendation from a trusted source.
- Recognize examples of macro-influencers.
- Recognize examples of micro-influencers.
- Summarize how to turn an unhappy customer's experience into a positive for influencer marketing.
- Distinguish between an influencer database and an influencer network.
- Recall the most common motivation for influencers.
- Explain the purpose of the FTC.