One of the most important indicators of how your email campaigns are performing is open and click-thru rates. In this video you will learn how you can track and your open and click rates and how you can use this information about your email marketing in order to test and improve your campaigns. Social media strategist Megan Adams shares some best practices for improving your open rates and click-thru rates.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important indicators…of how your email campaigns are performing…is the open and click-through rates.…Your email tracking reports…will include open and click rates…which measure your subscribers engagement with your emails.…The statistics provide key information…about your email marketing and are great starting point…to test and improve your campaigns.…The open rate is a percentage that tells you…how many successfully delivered campaigns…were opened by your subscribers.…To find this out, MailChimp for example…load a tiny transparent image into each campaign…and counts how many times that image is loaded…among the delivered emails.…
The image is invisible to your subscribers…so they won't see it.…The click-through rate is the percentage that tells you…how many successfully delivered campaigns…registered at least one click.…This means if you included a link in your email copy,…the subscriber click that link.…Average open and click rate can vary from list to list…and differed by industry, company size,…
- Choosing an email marketing platform
- Importing contacts into an email lists
- Building web sign-up forms
- Creating welcome emails
- Segmenting lists
- Creating an email campaign
- Writing compelling emails and calls to action
- Minimizing bounce rates
- Conducting A/B testing
- Automating email campaigns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.