Bounces are emails that cannot be delivered to the mailbox provider, and are returned to the service provider that sent them. In this video you will learn how you can minimize your bounce rate in order to ensure your list stays in good standing with your email provider and is effectively reaching your readers. Social media strategist Megan Adams teaches how to manage and reduce your bounce rate and how to analyze your bounce rate in order to see how your email campaign performed.
- [Voiceover] Bounces are emails that cannot be delivered…to the mailbox provider and are returned…to the service provider that sent them.…When talking about bounces,…it's important to differentiate…between the two different types: hard and soft bounces.…Hard bounces are the failed delivery of email…due to permanent reasons such as non-existent addresses.…Soft bounces are the failed delivery of email…due to a temporary issue such as a full inbox…or an unavailable ISP server and they'll often be cued…to be resent.…Bounces is one of those things to always take a look at…when analyzing how your campaign performed.…
Most likely your bounce rate isn't all that high…but there's some things you can do…to ensure your list stays in good standing…with your email provider…and is effective reaching its users.…First, clean your lists.…This may seem daunting to any one of you…who have a large list or even multiple lists…but keeping your lists clean and current…through purging and re-engagement is key.…You're not gonna wanna go through every single email address…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.