With list segmentation you can divide your lists into different sub groups. In this video you will learn how by segmenting your email marketing lists you will be able to achieve better results with increased open rates, lower opt-outs and most importantly, greater revenue. Social media strategist Megan Adams shares different ways you can segment your lists in order to optimize your email marketing strategy.
- [Voiceover] Your email list subscribers…aren't all the same,…some might be customers, other prospects,…other just readers of your blog.…So there's no one size fits all strategy…when it comes to marketing,…and your email strategy is the same way.…With list segmentation,…you can divide your list into different subgroups.…By segmenting your list, you'll achieve better results…with increased open rates, lower opt-outs,…and most importantly, greater revenue.…It'll filter subscribers,…and give you the ability to send the campaigns…based on their specific interests.…
Let's go over how you can use segmentation…to grow and scale your email marketing strategy.…Here are some common ways to segment.…First, geographic segmentation.…This is when you would divide your market by location.…This include cities, counties, and international regions.…When a subscriber opens an email,…your email marketing platform tracks out location data…to help segment your list moving forward.…So ask yourself some geo-specific questions about your list.…
- Choosing an email marketing platform
- Importing contacts into an email lists
- Building web sign-up forms
- Creating welcome emails
- Segmenting lists
- Creating an email campaign
- Writing compelling emails and calls to action
- Minimizing bounce rates
- Conducting A/B testing
- Automating email campaigns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.