Integrating email and mobile into your email marketing can help you maximize your email campaign results drastically. In this video social media strategist Megan Adams teaches how you can optimize for mobile and social and shares some real world examples. You will learn how you can make an enormous impact on the results of your email campaigns by integrating social and mobile.
- [Voiceover] What do you get when you combine email…with social media with mobile?…There must be a joke in there somewhere,…but actually email and mobile…and email and social media work amazingly together…and can help you maximize…your email campaign results dramatically.…Let's take a look at social media first,…I wanna show you an example.…This email you see here on your screen…is from Innocent Drinks.…They're a smoothie company that's winning…the digital media game.…Here you can see how seamlessly they've worked…their social networks into the email copy itself.…
And at the top they also have quick access…social media buttons as well.…What an email like this does is a couple things.…It continues the conversation.…After I sign up I'll have to wait…to receive any more emails from them,…but with social I have the ability…to immediately head there.…I could go to their Facebook page, get more info,…and dive into some conversation if I wish.…Second, it allows me to decide on which channel…I want to engage the brand.…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.