Welcome emails are automated emails sent after a specific action is taken by a customer and they are a key component to managing your email lists and strategy. In this video you will learn what makes an effective welcome email and how you can use them in your own email marketing. Social media strategist Megan Adams also covers techniques you can apply to your welcome pages to increase their effectiveness.
- [Voiceover] Welcome emails are automated emails sent…after a specific action is taken by a customer or reader,…and they're a key component to managing…your email list and strategy.…Now, what makes up an effective welcome email?…First, they're sent right after a new subscriber opts in,…so you're able to strike while the iron is hot.…It's been shown that welcome emails generate over 300%…more revenue per email than promotional emails.…Let's go over a welcome email I constructed…using the fictitious brand, Hansel and Petal.…
They're an online floral retailer.…I'm gonna head to their campaign details.…The first thing to note in the campaign details…for the welcome email is the time sent.…Always send your welcome emails in real time…and not in batches.…The open rates for real-time email sends…blow-batch rates out of the water.…Just think about it.…The subscriber just finished signing up for your list.…They're a hot prospect and are ready to engage…with you and your business.…Have this automation set up.…
Next thing to look at is the subject line.…
- Choosing an email marketing platform
- Importing contacts into an email lists
- Building web sign-up forms
- Creating welcome emails
- Segmenting lists
- Creating an email campaign
- Writing compelling emails and calls to action
- Minimizing bounce rates
- Conducting A/B testing
- Automating email campaigns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.