In this video you will learn how to create compelling content for your emails. Social media strategist Megan Adams shares best email content best practices you can follow and how you can determine the content that your subscribers engage with the most. Megan also provides real world examples of emails that provide compelling content and yield high open rates and engagement.
- [Voiceover] The empty page and blinking cursor…on the screen can strike fear in the heart…of the most seasoned marketer.…I hear the question,…what content should I put in my emails,…all the time.…There's not a proven algorithm for knowing…what will resonate with your users and readers…before you start testing it.…In fact, the way to determine it is only by testing…a variety of email content over a period of time…and tracking those results.…You can use those results to create a best practices list,…and receive that internal knowledge…of what really works well for your readers.…
While you do that, however,…there are some best email content practices…you can follow.…Valuable emails are not about you,…they're about your reader,…so always seek to add value,…and by adding value means that you understand…your audience really, really well.…Don't waste your readers time,…let them know right away what you're emailing them about,…and that means knowing and getting to the point.…Every email in every campaign…should have a crystal clear goal,…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.