- [Instructor] I want to highlight some important terms…and rules for you to familiarize yourself with…as you begin to build and scale…your email marketing efforts.…The first term is permission.…One of the main reasons you use an email marketing platform,…like Mail Chimp, is because it allows people…to opt in and opt out of your emails.…When you use Mail Chimp's double opt in sign-up forms,…they handle all of that opting in for you.…It just doesn't make sense…to not gain a subscriber's permission.…People who haven't given you permission…are more likely to report your emails as spam…and less likely to engage with you or make purchases.…
Next is spam, and this is one of the most hated forms…of electronic communication ever.…Spam can be in the form of bulk emails…or one-to-one commercial emails.…And when we talk about spam we need to talk about CAN-SPAM.…This is short for Controlling the Assault…of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.…You'll also hear CASL.…This is the Canadian Anti-Spam Law.…So people take spam very seriously.…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.