One of the key ways to maximize your your campaigns is through A/B Testing. In this video you will learn how you can use A/B Testing to test different versions of a single campaign in order to see how small changes can have a big impact on your results. Social media strategist Megan Adams will walk you through how to create an A/B Test campaign in order to take the guesswork out by testing your campaigns and measuring your results. You will learn how to use this data to help you craft effective and exceptional email campaigns.
- [Voiceover] One of the key ways…to maximize your email campaigns is through A/B testing.…A/B testing allows you to test different versions…of a single campaign…to see how small changes can have a big impact…on your results.…You'll choose what you want to test, like a subject line,…and compare results to find out what works and what doesn't.…Testing different versions of your email campaigns…will help you optimize your email campaigns…before you sent to your list,…track meaningful metrics to better understand…readers' interests and behaviors,…and importantly, increase conversions and sales…for your business.…
Most email marketing platforms have an A/B testing tool,…so check yours to see if you might be able…to start using it in your campaigns.…You can run these tests manually,…but it's so much easier and precise…using a specific A/B testing tool.…Here we are on Hansel and Petal's Mail Chimp dashboard.…This is a fictitious brand I set it up to run an A/B test…to quickly show you what this looks like.…Here you can see that Newsletter Number One…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.