Join Megan Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Campaign timing and frequency, part of Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaigns.
- [Instructor] When and how often you send email campaigns…to your list will strongly influence…both your open and unsubscribe rates.…But determining when and how many emails…to send to your list can strike fear…into the heart of any hardened marketer.…The only way you're ever going to figure out the optimal timing…and frequency for when to send out your email campaigns is…by actually sending out campaigns…and then testing the results.…So don't be afraid to test and learn.…There are some strategies…for determining this optimal timing and frequency.…
First, the best way to determine…when your subscribers are most likely to engage…with your campaigns is by using an A/B testing tool.…This will test delivery day and time…and also subject lines and even content of your emails.…You will then compare the click rates…in your reporting data.…These types of tests and research…can help you narrow down the right time…to send your campaigns for maximum engagement.…If you're a paid user of MailChimp,…you can try their send-time optimization tool,…
- Name the five email platforms and describe their different characteristics.
- Analyze the different types of data retrieved from email to create targeted campaigns.
- Use segmentation to offer promotions based on location or behavior patterns.
- Review data collected during A/B testing to maximize engagement.
- Apply effective strategies to create a welcoming, attention-grabbing subject line.
- Explain the difference between hard and soft bounces.
- Integrate social media by adding quick access buttons to emails.
- List the three email components that spam filters inspect.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.