So how do you craft emails that have a powerful call to action and what do they look like? In this video you will learn what calls to action (CTAs) are, and how you can use them in your business to drive engagement. Social media strategist Megan Adams includes different examples and helps you to understand the different types of call to action goals that you can use depending on your business.
- [Voiceover] Your goal when sending an e-mail…is to evoke some type of response from your reader.…We call what prompts a reader to respond…a call to action, so how do you craft…e-mails that have a powerful call to action,…and what do they look like?…What you'll see in the following examples…is that they're short, to the point,…and use specific action words.…First you have to understand the different…types of call to action goals,…and depending on your business,…you're going to have different call to actions.…One that many people will use are purchase CTAs,…or call to actions.…
These are phrases like shop now,…shop our bestsellers, act now, get free shipping,…as well as save today, buy it today, and on.…Next are content call to actions.…These will be used if you want people…to continue to read a blog or other pieces of content.…Encouraging your reader to learn more,…to read more, to download the eBook, keep reading,…read the full story, and so on.…Events, like webinars, book signings,…open houses, and the like all have their…
- Choosing an email marketing platform
- Importing contacts into an email lists
- Building web sign-up forms
- Creating welcome emails
- Segmenting lists
- Creating an email campaign
- Writing compelling emails and calls to action
- Minimizing bounce rates
- Conducting A/B testing
- Automating email campaigns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: email marketing terms and rules, list management and maintenance, and campaign timing and frequency.