Join Bruce Elgort for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing IBM Connections for the first time, part of Learning IBM Connections.
- [Voiceover] The good news is that your IT department has most likely already setup already IBM Connections for you. All you need to do is to access it using a web browser. The IT department should have provided the URL of your IBM connection site to you. I would suggest bookmarking the URL, so you don't have to type it in each time you want to access IBM connections. You will need your user ID, which is your email address, and your password in order to log in.
If you forget your password, you can click on the "Forget Password" link. Let's click on the Log In button to get started. Now that you've logged in, you are brought to the IBM Connections home page. There's a lot to explore on this page, so let's go over the user interface, and some terminology so that even if you find yourself needing to access Help, you can still get a head start knowing how to look things up. Let's start right at the top, and work our way around the interface clockwise.
Here you have the Home button. This is going to take you to this page that we're on now. Next is Mail, and Calendar. These two apps allow you to access your email and calendar. Next are People. This is where you're going to manage all things relating to others in your organization, including your profile. Next are Communities. Communities are places where groups can come together and collaborate. Apps. There's quite a few apps inside of IBM Connections that we'll cover in this course.
Next is your Account. This is where you're going to configure everything about you, and the way you interact with IBM Connections. Next is Help. Below that you'll find Search. You can search for anything in IBM Connections. Meetings. This is going to allow you to have online meetings. Events is going to show you a list of upcoming events. Below that, Recommendations, and in the lower right-hand corner, Chat.
On the left-hand side you're going to find your avatar, which ours is blank right now because we haven't updated our profile. And down the left: Updates, Mentions, My Notifications, Action Required and Save. These are all things that pertain to your status updates, and the status updates of others. And in the center of the screen, you're going to be able to post your own status updates, as well as seeing the status updates of others.
- Create and update your profile
- Access contacts and the company directory
- Add apps, including Activities, Chat, and To Do Lists
- Upload, share, and sync files
- Set up a community and add blogs, galleries, events, and surveys
Start watching to get up and running with IBM Connections today.