Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video A quick tour of the Connect interface, part of Adobe Connect Essential Training.
- When you register for an Adobe Connect account, you'll receive a unique web address, or URL, like the one you see up here in my address bar. Once you log in, you'll see the main Connect page, and it's from here that you manage and create every Meeting, Training Program, Classroom, or other event in Connect. Think of this as the main Connect portal. At the top of the screen is the navigation bar for getting to the different areas of your account. Here on the home page, you'll find quick links to create new Meetings, Content, Classrooms, Courses and Curriculum. Now, in this course, I'll be focusing mainly on Meetings and Content, but I will also cover the basics of setting up Courses at the end of this training you're watching.
Below that, you'll find the tabbed area for viewing your Calendar, Training, Training Catalog, Meetings and Resources. And really, there's not that much to say, in general, about the Connect portal. Depending on what you want to create or manage, you just click the button or link and you'll go there. For instance, I'll go to 'Meetings'. I've already created some Meeting Rooms so I can show you something other than an empty page. But this is basically how things work. You'll generally stay within the portal to create and manage things like Meeting Rooms, Courses and Content, but when you want to enter a Meeting or a Classroom, you click its name and each Meeting, Course, Event, and so on, has its own unique address.
Clicking the address opens a new browser, tab, or window so you can get back to the portal without closing the Meeting. As you'll see later, there's also an optional Connect browser add-in you can install so your Meetings will open in a separate application. We'll talk more about that when we get there. For now, though, I just wanted to point out that creating and managing your Content all happens in a single browser interface, and Meetings and other Events will open in their own tabs or windows. We'll learn more specific details about the interface elements as we progress through this course.
- Creating meetings, users, and groups
- Setting up audio
- Passcode protecting a room
- Video conferencing
- Recording and editing meetings
- Managing participants
- Sharing your screen
- Creating break-out rooms
- Working with the Chat pod
- Polling your audience
- Creating courses and curriculum with Connect