Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting Connect, part of Adobe Connect Essential Training (2014).
- Adobe Connect is an entirely flash base web conferencing application that can be used to create on-line meetings, presentations, training materials, and a host of other collaborative interactions. Multiple attendees can access Connect meetings from their computers, wherever they are, and work or learn with each other simulateously or on their own schedule, depending on the type of meeting or training you set up. Unlike applications that are stored locally on your computer's hard drive, Connect runs on-line, and therefore you need to have a live internet connection, and you access and run Connect through a web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
Since it's a Flash based application you should also make sure you are running the most current version of the Flash plug-in available at get.adobe.com/flashplayer and like most of Adobe's other products these days, Connect is a subscription based application. Individuals can pay either a monthly or annual fee for a Connect account that allows up to nine hosts per account and up to 25 simultaneous attendees. If you're not going to be using Connect enough to warrant paying a regular fee, Adobe also offers a pay-per-use plan, as you can see here, which charges you on a per minute, per usage basis.
On the other hand, if you find you need a plan that requires more host accounts, or allows for more simultaneous attendees, you'll need to contact Adobe directly to discuss your needs, and they'll customize a plan for you or your organization. But if you're just starting out with Connect, and especially if you're not sure it's what you need, I recommend signing up for the free trial, by clicking this link here. And here you can click the "Try" button. And here you can click the "Try" button. Once you fill out your information here, you'll receive an email with a link to a free 30-day trial account, with a user name and password. I'm actually going to be using a 30-day trial account exclusively through out this course.
And that should give you enough time to run Connect through it's paces or at least to follow along with me in the course, to see if Connect is right for you, and what you need to accomplish with your meetings or training presentations.
- Creating meetings, users, and groups
- Setting up audio
- Passcode protecting a room
- Video conferencing
- Recording and editing meetings
- Managing participants
- Sharing your screen
- Creating break-out rooms
- Working with the Chat pod
- Polling your audience
- Creating courses and curriculum with Connect