Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with templates and blueprints, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, I'll show you how to build pages…more efficiently using templates and blueprints.…When creating pages in Confluence,…you'll find that some of the content…going into your spaces follows a pattern.…Templates are a way to establish…a defined format for a page.…For example, I've used templates before to create…weekly status reports for my team.…The format every week is the same.…Using templates will allow you to quickly…create pages with content uniformity.…However, you can not apply a template to an existing page.…
Let's take a look at two different types of templates:…a global template and a space template.…First, let's look at global templates…in the administrator console.…You need to be a Confluence administrator…to create this type of template.…Choose the cog icon in the top right header bar…and select General Configuration.…In the configuration panel, to the left of the screen,…select Global Templates and Blueprints.…All of the available global page templates…will be listed at the top of the page.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.