Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Working in Edit mode, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video we'll focus on Confluence pages…and the difference between viewing a page…and editing a page.…Let's start off by opening up a Confluence page.…Since we've already opened up pages by accessing a space…let's do it differently.…For this example, let's take a look…at the recently updated feed.…Specifically, the All Updates tab.…Here you have recent updates.…The icon next to each item…indicates what type of Confluence feature it is.…For example, the circle with the two papers inside…next to Archive, indicates that it's a space.…
The second icon, a page with three lines,…indicates that this is a Confluence page.…There's also the page with the house, that's a Home page.…The icon that looks like a person,…indicates it's a User Profile or User Account.…I'm going to select, Company Info Home.…When you land on a page in Confluence,…you're looking at the page in View Mode.…This means that you can view the content…but you can't make any changes.…In order to edit the page,…you'll need to click on the Edit button in the top right.…
- Recognize pertinent information on the Confluence dashboard.
- Explain how to set global permissions.
- Explore the benefits of a Team Space layout.
- Name a variable you can add to a template that allows the user to specify one of three choices.
- Apply specific values to edited pages for easy sharing.
- Recall the safest approach to configure the comment functionality when opening a Confluence site to the world.
- Define the Autowatch feature.
- Identify the duties of a space administrator.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.