Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you're a premium member of lynda.com, you'll have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. Download the zip file to your desktop like I've done here, then open the folder. Most of the chapters have a Start and Final folder, containing XML data backups of the demo Confluence site used in this course. You can import these backups using the administration console. Note that you do not need to unzip these backup files. You'll import the zip file directly into Confluence.
In chapter three and beyond, you can load the XML from the Start folder to match the current state of the pages and content in the demo site. But, a word of warning: do not do this in a production site, or you'll lose your existing application data. Instead, create a new test site, where you can safely load the XML backups and experiment with them. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can always follow along from scratch with your own assets. Let's get started.
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.