In this video, learn how to work with the exercise files.
- [Instructor] Here's what you need to know to follow along with me in this course. Firstly, Confluences available as on-premise software to be installed at your location or as software as a service, also known as Confluence Cloud. I'll be working with Confluence Cloud in this course. If you don't have Confluence and you'd like to follow along with me, you can get a free trial by going to the atlassian.com website, software, confluence, and clicking either the try it free or try it now buttons.
You'll be prompted to create your site and add your login credentials for moving forward. Now there are different versions of Confluence that you can buy and try. I'll be working with plain old Confluence, but you'll also find Confluence for IT teams and Confluence for software teams, each providing additional features and tools specific to those environments. You can even create a custom version of Confluence that mixes and matches features and functions from the various versions to create a customized solution that meets your specific needs.
You should also know that this is not a course for administrators of Confluence. I'll be logging in as an end user who has been given access to use Confluence in an organization. If you're trying Confluence and you're the administrator, you can still follow along with me, but your administrator interface might look a little bit different from mine as an end user. Lastly, I'll be working in a Mac environment, but keep in mind that because Confluence Cloud is not installed locally on your own hardware and is cloud based, it can be used in virtually any browser on any platform, Windows or Mac.
That's what you need to know to follow along with me in this course.
- What is Confluence?
- Customizing your home page
- Creating pages and blogs
- Creating a page for meeting notes
- Adding content and navigation
- Creating a table of contents
- Inviting people to your space
- Communicating and collaborating with others
- Restricting access to a page