Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Confluence dashboard, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we'll take a look at content hierarchy,…explore fundamental Wiki elements,…and navigate the site a little bit.…We're going to start off on the Home Page…for Confluence installation, which is the Dashboard.…You can think of it as the title page to a newspaper.…It'll display all of the spaces you can view…based on your user permissions…and recently updated content feeds…through filters like Network and Popular.…The Dashboard contains four areas of information.…Here at the top left of the Dashboard…there's a Welcome section.…
This section can be edited by an Administrator…to reflect any important site-wide notices or messages.…Below the Welcome message,…there's a quick start section…that's really only visible to Administrators.…You can remove this section altogether…but it's not possible to customize the text.…On the bottom left of the Dashboard, is a set of three tabs.…The first tab shows the list of spaces.…If you have the permission to create a space,…you'll also see a Create A Space button…to the right of this tab.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.