Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Tying together three common admin requests, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, I'll tie together…three common administrative request.…I'll start by checking out my task list.…Here I have two new tasks.…Create a user account for Chris Evans,…and give Chris Evans space administrative permission…to the archive space.…Let's take care of the first task.…I'll go to the Cog icon in the Confluence header…and select user management.…I'll click on the add users tab…and give Chris Evans a user name.…
I'll enter his full name and his email address.…Now that I've added the user,…I can check off that task.…I'll go back to my tasks list,…and put a check mark next to the task.…Next, I need to give Chris Evans…space admin permission to the archive space.…I'll use the space directory to locate the archive space.…Now, I'll just the space tools and permissions…to provide the new user with admin access to this space.…
I'll have to enter the user name,…click add, and select the permissions…he needs for this space.…The final check box is the space admin permission.…Now, I'll save my changes.…I can now go back to my tasks list…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.