Learn how to restrict who can access a page and set the level of restriction to determine whether a team member can view, comment, and/or update a page with changes.
- [Narrator] As a creator of a page…here in a confluent space, you may not want everyone…in the organization having access…to the content to make changes.…In other words, you might want to pick and choose…who can edit your page and who can view your page.…That's what we're going to talk about…in this movie, restricting access.…It doesn't matter what page you're looking at, we left off…with our conference room equipment requirements page.…To restrict access, just go up to the top right corner…and click the more tools ellipsis button…and from that menu find restrictions and click that.…
From here, you'll see the default setting, no restrictions.…That means everyone can view…and even make changes or edit this page.…Click the drop down, you'll see two other options.…Editing restricted, by default everyone…in the organization can view it,…you get to pick and choose who can edit this page.…If you want control over who can view as well as edit,…you could go down to the third option,…viewing and editing restricted.…This way, not everyone by default can view your page,…
- Creating spaces
- Customizing the Confluence interface
- Creating pages and blog posts
- Adding text, graphics, and attachments in Confluence
- Using labels and other navigation helpers
- Inviting collaborators to spaces
- Restricting access to spaces
Skill Level Beginner
Yammer 2016 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter2h 26m Intermediate
Migrating from Google Drive to SharePointwith Bill Kulterman1h 4m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Confluence
2. Create Pages and Blogs
3. Add Content
4. Add Navigation
5. Communicate and Collaborate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.