Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Network overview, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll take a closer look…at networks of users within Confluence.…This is a social feature, so think of it…as your virtual social network.…In Confluence, your network consists…of other users you're following,…and users that are following you.…You'll receive a notification when someone…in your network updates their status or profile, as well as…any content activity in the wiki, like changes to pages.…You'll also receive a notification when someone…in your network has a comment throughout the space.…
From the Dashboard, you can see the Network tab…both in the Space list,…and in the Recent Activity feed to the right.…Both places are currently empty…because we haven't setup our network.…To manage the network, you need to access your User Profile.…From the Dashboard, or any page in Confluence,…you can access your User Profile…by clicking on your avatar…at the top right of the header bar.…Select Network.…Here, you'll see a list of people in your network.…
I found that this is very helpful…if you have a geographically dispersed team.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.