Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing watchers, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video,…we'll take a look at the administrator's role…in managing watchers.…You need to be a Space Administrator…to manage watchers for a Space.…Let's start by managing watchers for a page.…First, go to the page.…Click on the Watch button…at the top, right-hand corner of the page.…You'll see a link, at the bottom of the dialog box,…that says, "Manage Watchers."…If you're not a Space Administrator,…you won't see this link.…Here, you can manage the users…that are watching this page.…
You can see, in this site,…there's only one person watching this page.…And, there's currently no users watching this Space.…You can add a watcher by typing in their username.…You can delete a watcher…by clicking on the trashcan icon…to the right of their name.…This is a useful feature for an administrator.…You might have a case where a user…is flooded with notifications…because they have been watching a lot of content.…By managing the watcher,…the Space Administrator can save the day,…and par down the content that that user is watching,…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.