Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Confluence on Windows, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we'll be installing Confluence…on a Windows operating system.…I'll begin by downloading the Atlassian installer.…You can do so at Atlassian.com/download.…For this video, I'll be using the Windows installer.…Just a quick note, some security tools…you have on your system may result in a warning message…during the installation process.…So you might want to temporarily disable or limit…security features until you've completed the install.…When you download the installer,…you'll see that it's a .exe,…so you may see a warning message about this file type.…
Since we know the source of this executable,…we know that it's a safe file.…When the file is downloaded, you can select 'run.'…You may get a message about the application…making changes to your computer.…You need to select 'yes' or the application…won't have the access is requires…and it may limit your installation options.…The Windows installer will begin by giving you the option…for an express install.…The express install uses Confluence's default settings.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.