Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing content, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In a previous video, we used the editor to add content,…format text, and insert macros.…In this video, we'll check out how to import and embed…external content into a page.…This is great if you want to create a page…from an existing Word document or embed a video on a page.…First, we'll look at importing content.…To import a Microsoft Office document into Confluence,…we'll use the Office Connector.…If you don't see the option to import a Word document…in your tools menu,…ask an administrator to enable this feature.…
Let's jump to one of the pages we recently created.…This process starts differently,…in that you'll stay in a new mode and choose from…the drop-down tools menu to the right of the screen.…Select 'Import Word Document.'…Browse for the Word document you want to import…and click 'Next.'…On the Office Connector Import screen,…you'll see the import options.…This screen gives you the options…for how you want the new content added.…It shows you the root page title.…
It also gives you an option…for where to import the new page.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.