Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring spaces and pages, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we'll take a look at…Spaces and pages in Confluence.…A Space is a collection of pages…that displays your content.…From the Dashboard, you can see a list of Spaces…in the bottom left-hand corner.…When I was setting up this Confluence site,…I selected an example Space to be created,…so there's only one Space here so far,…but we'll add more Spaces.…A user can access only the Spaces…they have permissions to view.…Any other Spaces will not be visible…from the Dashboard.…Spaces can be used to compile pages…on any shared topic or theme.…
The Space we currently have listed…is a Demonstration Space.…Some sites organize their Spaces…on the basis of job role,…like HR or Development Team.…Others set up Spaces for each product…or development effort.…Lots of organizations will have a Space…dedicated to company information…such as a Calendar, Contacts, and News.…In addition to standard Spaces in the Wiki,…Confluence also has personal Spaces…that are specific to each user.…These Spaces are a great place…to keep personal work notes,…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.