Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring key benefits, features, and resources, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- Confluence is an Enterprise Wiki that improves collaboration. It takes a team where information is scattered and disorganized and provides one place for ideas and information to be shared. It has many different uses. It can be used as a knowledge management tool, a social communication medium, a website or as a tool for planning agile development. The main benefits of Confluence are its flexibility and centralized repository of information. Let's take a look at some of other benefits of Confluence.
Organizational knowledge can take many different shapes. Confluence has a flexible, content architecture that can be designed for the particular needs of small team or a large-scale, global operation. The vast selection of add-ins makes it easy to add custom functionality, specific to your needs. Administrator features, like permission schemes, can be set on different levels. There's also a high degree of organizational branding that can be achieved through layouts and color schemes. One of the benefits of using Atlassian Confluence is that there are a lot of resources to help you.
You have community-based resources like Atlassian Answers the Community Forum. Let's take a look at it. Here we are at answers.atlassian.com, this is a community forum where you can post questions and get answers not only from experts, but also from other community members. There are also blogs written by Atlassian experts. Let's take a look at the expert blogs. Here we are blogs.atlassian.com Blogs are written by Atlassian employees and they cover all the different Atlassian products.
There's also a thorough documentation space. Here we are confluence.atlassian.com This site has documentation for all the previous versions of Confluence. The documentation site is easy to read and very useful. I've been using Atlassian products for years and I still use the documentation site on a regular basis. Now that we've covered some of the benefits, features and resources. Let's take a look at some of the system requirements before you begin an install.
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.