Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating system requirements, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we're going to cover the software…and hardware requirements for running Confluence.…The support available from Atlassian may only cover…versions of operating systems, application servers,…and databases released within the last two to three years.…If you contact them for help and are running an older…version of something, they'll probably ask you…to update before they can assist.…Before you begin installing Confluence, make sure…your system meets the minimum requirements.…You can install Confluence on Windows or Linux…operating systems, Apple is not supported as a server,…but it can be used as a client platform.…
As far as application servers, Apache Tomcat comes…bundled with the distribution.…Some users have had issues using Tomcat 7…with previous Confluence versions.…This problem has been resolved by Atlassian.…So if you have this issue, upgrade to Confluence 5.5.3.…The database is also required to run Confluence.…A HyperSQL DataBase comes embedded with the distribution,…but you'll probably want to set up a more robust…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.