Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Confluence quick overview, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's begin by taking a look at what…Confluence is and how it can be implemented.…Confluence is simply a Java-based…web application that runs on a server.…It's intended to allow collaborative editing…of content and structure, a place where ideas…flow together from different sources.…Confluence has evolved over time to also…provide a highly social collaborative environment…that can connect users in small groups…or large communities of users…over geographically dispersed areas.…All versions of Confluence have the same…basic underlying structure, including…the Dashboard, Spaces, Pages,…and User Permissions.…
In this course, we'll be using the most…recent version of Confluence, version 5.5.…If you're using a previous version,…it may look different and may not have…some of the newer functionality…such as Blueprints, the Sidebar,…the newest Macros, and the improved…Application Navigator.…Regardless of the version that you're running,…this video will cover features that are…common to all Confluence installations.…Now that you have an overview of Confluence,…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.