Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring security, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we'll take a look at a few…of the security features that you can set up…in the administrator's console.…Let's start by enabling a capture to prevent spam.…This is particularly important for public-facing sites.…We'll start in the administrator's console…by select Spam Prevention from the General…Configuration menu in the left panel.…To enable the capture, simply select on…next to the capture button.…You are allowed a few exclusions.…You can exclude signed members…and members of specific groups.…
Make sure to click save to save the settings.…You can also manage refers from any site…that links to your Confluence instance.…These refers will be listed in the info section…of a content page.…To manage external refers,…select Manage Refers from the General Configuration heading…in the administrator's console.…Here you can see the default is…to record external refers,…and to show refers in the page info.…You can also identify external refers to exclude.…
One of the best practices that Atlassian recommends…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.