Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring character encoding and system properties, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- [Voiceover] In this video we'll take a look…at the character encoding.…Character encoding can be performed in the…Administrative console under General Configuration.…Look for the Formatting and International Settings heading.…For Confluence to function properly…character encoding must match the database,…the application server, and the file system.…As a rule character encoding should be…the same across all components,…or you may see improperly rendered pages if the…HTTP request and response encoding doesn't match.…If you're running on Windows you may not be able…to get the file system encoding to match,…which may result in some limitations…particularly with International messages.…
To edit these settings select the Edit button in-line with…the Formatting and International Settings heading.…The default character encoding for Confluence is UTF-8.…To make changes to this change the selection…in the text box while editing…the General Configuration and Save.…We're almost ready to start working…with content in Confluence.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.