Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the URL, search, index, and attachment storage, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video,…we'll cover some of the initial system configuration…that's performed in the Administrators Console.…From the Dashboard or the Confluence landing page,…you can access the Administrators Console…by clicking the cog icon in the blue bar…at the top right of the screen.…The cog icon will also appear in search results…for Administrator functions.…You may need to re-enter your password…to access the Administrator Console.…
This is the General Configuration page.…You can see the Configuration Menu on the left panel.…To make changes to the General Configuration,…you'll need to click the Edit button…to the right of the screen.…If you choose to configure the server base URL,…make the change in the corresponding text box.…Keep in mind, that if you choose a different base URL,…you may encounter some issues.…For this demonstration we will leave it at localhost:8090.…In addition to changing the server base URL,…you can also change the site title here.…
In order to save your changes you'll need to scroll…to the bottom of the page, and select Save.…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.