Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Commenting on content, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
-One of the key collaborative features in Confluence,…is the ability to provide feedback.…In this video, we'll add comments to a page.…Let's move from the Dashboard…to one of the pages we created earlier.…A comment is a written remark added to the page,…to express an opinion or feedback.…User comments fuel collaboration…in a Confluence site.…You can enter a comment at the bottom of the page,…as long as you have the add comments…permission within the space.…Place your cursor in the comment box…and start typing.…
You can use the text editor to format your comment.…Let's go ahead and save my comment.…You can see that once the comment is created,…it's added to the bottom of the page.…If you have the add comments permission,…you'll be able to reply to this comment.…If the Confluence administrator has enabled…threaded comments, you'll see the reply…to a comment indented, just below…the original comment.…You'll only see the option to edit the comment…if you're an administrator, or if you…created the comment.…
You only see the option to delete the comment…
- Recognize pertinent information on the Confluence dashboard.
- Explain how to set global permissions.
- Explore the benefits of a Team Space layout.
- Name a variable you can add to a template that allows the user to specify one of three choices.
- Apply specific values to edited pages for easy sharing.
- Recall the safest approach to configure the comment functionality when opening a Confluence site to the world.
- Define the Autowatch feature.
- Identify the duties of a space administrator.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.