Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Backing up and restoring your site, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, I'll show you how to perform…a manual backup and use the resulting XML file…to restore your Confluence site.…While you may have regularly scheduled backups,…it's a good idea to perform a manual backup…before certain administrative actions.…You can use the method I'll show you…if you're working with a test site…or if your Confluence site is on a smaller scale.…If you're working with a production site,…you'll want to come up…with a database backup strategy…instead of relying on the scheduled backup job.…
You can choose to perform a manual backup…using tools provided by your external database,…or create a file system backup…of your Confluence home directory.…Let's start by going to the administrative console.…Click on the cog icon in the Confluence header…and select General configuration.…Here, you'll want to scroll down the left panel…and select Backup & Restore.…To perform a manual backup,…just click the Back Up button.…Your regularly scheduled backup…will be performed at 2:00 AM…and stored in the backups folder…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.