Join Sandra Toner for an in-depth discussion in this video Administering global permissions and space permissions, part of Installing and Administering Atlassian Confluence.
- In this video, we are going to set some permissions.…In the configuration panel, about half way down,…here in the administration console,…are your two options for setting permissions.…Confluence allows permissions to be set at the site level.…Those are called global permissions.…You can also set up permissions at the space level.…This is particularly useful…if you have sensitive content in a space…that can only be viewed or edited by certain users.…Let's take a look at global permissions first.…When you are looking at global permissions,…they are set up either by groups, individual users,…and by anonymous access.…
Anonymous access means a user doesn't have to log in,…in order to access the site content.…For most cases, this probably isn't a good idea.…At the top right of the screen…you will want to select the edit permissions button…in order to edit the global permissions.…In the groups permission table,…you will see that each column allows a different permission.…The first check box, can use, is the most basic permission,…
- Exploring Confluence benefits and resources
- Configuring Confluence
- Navigating the dashboard, spaces, and pages
- Creating users and groups
- Creating pages from templates and blueprints
- Importing, updating, and removing content
- Giving content feedback
- Watching pages, spaces, and blogs
- Managing tasks and notifications
- Backing up and restoring a site
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Confluence
2. Installing and Configuring Confluence
3. Content Hierarchy
4. User Community
5. Working with Spaces
Building spaces3m 24s
6. Working with Pages
7. Working with Content
8. Communication and Community Feedback
9. Collaboration and Community Engagement
10. Managing Your User Account
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.