Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Thumbnail sketches, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- One thing I really like about Concepts…is it feels like traditional drawing…with all the flexibility of digital.…So I can do explorations, and one of the explorations…I want to share with you right now is I have a client…in Oregon who they're a craft brewery, and I branded them,…and they continue to need work moving forward.…And they're now moving into actually producing…their own bottled beer, so they asked me to…brand that label and work out the logos…and the ideations for that.…
And so I started doing that, and I do that on my iPad…using this app because I just like how it works…when you draw with it.…So I usually gravitate towards the Pen tool…that I have selected here, and you can see one motif up here…that I've drawn out, and it's okay,…but the more I thought about it,…the more I determined they're going to have multiple skews…of different types of beers so I didn't want to…lock myself into the type being embedded with the mark.…I wanted to keep them separate.…
That way, I could work out a more modular system.…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.