Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Precision mode, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- Everything I've drawn in Concepts up to this point…has been in what is called Freehand Mode.…When you go into any file, such as this one,…and we click into this, you can see right up above…in the right hand corner, it says Freehand Mode.…That's because, by default, Concepts will assume…you just want to start drawing.…Now that's great, and I'd say…99.9% of the time, that's what I do.…I stay in Freehand Mode, and I draw everything…that I've shown you, and in the upcoming movies…I'm going to show you actual projects and how I use Concepts…to work through ideas on those and what they led to as well.…
But there's another mode, and it's the one icon…in the tool palette on the left hand side of the screen…that I haven't covered yet.…And that is the icon that's made up of…nine small tiny squares, and if I click on that,…this changes us to what's called Precision Mode.…Now, Precision Mode is just what the name implies.…It's if you want to draw perfect geometric shapes,…you can still have access to the different tools,…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.