Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Layers, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- [Voiceover] I want to now go over…how to use layers in Concepts.…Layers in Concepts is one…of the most powerful features it has.…It gives you immense control of creating your artwork,…but not only that, composing your artwork,…and managing the visual assets within a given drawing,…and that allows you the flexibility…to do all kinds of things.…I'm going to share a few of those things with you,…but I want to go over how to access layers…and how they work.…
So we'll go into this black document here,…and we're just going to immediately start drawing,…because I'm going to show you what it's doing.…So I'm just going to create…a funky little face character here.…You'll notice that I kind of gravitate…towards the same aesthetic,…just because, when I draw,…this is usually kind of the style I'm working in.…I'm just kind of winging this.…We'll do this.…
We'll give him some sleepy eyes.…So just a funky little character here.…We're going to switch to this marker,…and we'll color the marker.…Maybe he's blue.…This is why I like the marker tool.…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.
Learning Adobe's Line and Sketch Appswith Justin Seeley1h 16m Intermediate
5-Day Drawing Challenge: Different Ways to Drawwith Von Glitschka46m 6s Intermediate
1. The Gallery
3. Freehand Mode
4. Precision Mode
Precision mode9m 30s
5. Creative Exploration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.