Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Illustration study, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- The previous movie showcased a new style…I had never worked in before,…and I enjoyed it so much I decided to do some…experimentation with that style and see what else…I could create with it.…Now, I've always wanted to do an illustration…Abraham Lincoln I never have…I've never had an opportunity but…I really like the aesthetic of the funkiness of the…previous style you saw on the other movie that I showed you,…I like the color in it…I like all the patterns in it and I just thought it was…a good thematic contrast with the stark kind of statuesque…kind of pose of Lincoln.…
Every time you see Abraham Lincoln, he's very serious.…He's very black and white.…Not very colorful obviously since color photography,…I don't think color photography was around then.…I'll probably be corrected on that but anyway,…I just thought the contrast between this…wild and crazy style applied to a theme like Abraham Lincoln…who I don't really get the idea he was wild and crazy…and wanted to "cut a rug" you know,…so I think it would be fun to apply that style to this,…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.