Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop a brand character, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- I want to walk you through the beginning…of a brand character development that I'm working on…for a company right now.…Their brand mascot is a raccoon,…and they don't like the artwork they're currently using,…and this was one of my first initial sketches…that I started working on for this project,…and it's okay.…There's a couple things…that I don't really care for about it,…and this is where Concepts kind of helps a lot.…
The whole name of the app, Concepts, is ideas,…so this helps work through ideas,…and any time you can art direct yourself is a good thing.…And I try to do that as much as I can because it's too easy,…especially if you're working on your own…like I do out of my studio.…I have to art direct myself because nobody's there…to art direct it for me.…One way I do that is I'll go to Layers,…and I'll import a picture.…You saw how I did that in a previous movie.…I'm just going to turn on that layer now,…and any time you get stuck on drawing something…that's derived from the real world, meaning, obviously,…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.
Learning Adobe's Line and Sketch Appswith Justin Seeley1h 16m Intermediate
5-Day Drawing Challenge: Different Ways to Drawwith Von Glitschka46m 6s Intermediate
1. The Gallery
3. Freehand Mode
4. Precision Mode
Precision mode9m 30s
5. Creative Exploration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.