Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop a brand character, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- I want to walk you through the beginning…of a brand character development that I'm working on…for a company right now.…Their brand mascot is a raccoon,…and they don't like the artwork they're currently using,…and this was one of my first initial sketches…that I started working on for this project,…and it's okay.…There's a couple things…that I don't really care for about it,…and this is where Concepts kind of helps a lot.…
The whole name of the app, Concepts, is ideas,…so this helps work through ideas,…and any time you can art direct yourself is a good thing.…And I try to do that as much as I can because it's too easy,…especially if you're working on your own…like I do out of my studio.…I have to art direct myself because nobody's there…to art direct it for me.…One way I do that is I'll go to Layers,…and I'll import a picture.…You saw how I did that in a previous movie.…I'm just going to turn on that layer now,…and any time you get stuck on drawing something…that's derived from the real world, meaning, obviously,…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.