Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Brainstorm a drawing, part of Learning the Concepts App.
- I like to use Concepts as kind of a brainstorming session…and I may not exactly know what direction…I'm going to take when I start drawing in it,…but it does help me to work through and…problem solve my ideas.…Now, when I developed my monster drawing workshop,…I had to create a bunch of paper craft monsters.…Drawing them out and constructing them into an…actual 3D format that could stand on your desk…or shelf or anywhere else for that matter,…and what I'm going to do here is just draw…a thumbnail sketch of another monster.…
I'm just going to kind of wing one on the fly,…and we'll see how it goes.…But this is exactly how I handled this process…when I started working out my ideas.…I drew everything with the Pen tool here,…and I don't worry about being precise, because this is…all about just seeing if this is even going to be…a potential for a monster, because I had to create like,…15 of them, and all I did is, I just started drawing…and then I picked the ones I liked best.…So, we're going to see if we can figure out…
- Creating a new drawing in Concepts
- Moving and deleting stacks
- Connecting a smart stylus
- Working in Freehand and Precision modes
- Adding color
- Working with layers
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 5/02/2016. What changed?
A: The Concepts app was updated to version 4.1.3 in April 2016. We updated two movies, "Selection tool" and "Layers," to cover changes to these features.
Learning Adobe's Line and Sketch Appswith Justin Seeley1h 16m Intermediate
5-Day Drawing Challenge: Different Ways to Drawwith Von Glitschka46m 6s Intermediate
1. The Gallery
3. Freehand Mode
4. Precision Mode
Precision mode9m 30s
5. Creative Exploration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.