Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video The handwriting panel, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- We talked about the onscreen keyboard…in another movie, but we skipped over…the handwriting feature, so I wanna spend…some time with that now.…For this movie, it makes more sense…to work with the tablet section all by itself.…I wanna start with an application…where I would typically write some text.…I already have a document open here in WordPad.…It's a blank document.…We can start from there.…I just wanna make sure that I tap…on the body of the document so my cursor…is there in the document.…Then I'll bring up the onscreen keyboard.…The handwriting tool is just one of the options…in the onscreen keyboard.…
I'm gonna hit the button down in the…bottom right to bring up my options.…Then I'll choose the handwriting tool.…Now I have this line down at the bottom…where I can start writing.…This will work just fine with your finger,…or if you're using the Surface Book,…you also have the option of using the pen stylus.…For now, I'll start with my finger, and then…we'll use the pen in a minute.…We'll take this a little slow at first.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.