Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Pen with the OneNote mobile app, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] In this movie we're gonna talk about…using the Surface pen with OneNote.…So to get started I'm gonna go into the start menu,…I'm gonna swipe up on the left side…to go to the list of all apps,…and I wanna scroll down and find OneNote.…Now we're gonna be talking about the OneNote app…that comes bundled with Windows 10,…but you can see here, at least on my computer,…I have two versions of OneNote listed.…The one that's simply called OneNote is the app…that comes bundled with Windows 10,…and the other one, the one that says OneNote 2016…is the full desktop application…that comes with the Microsoft Office suite.…
And we will talk a little bit about that one…at the end of this movie,…but for the most part we wanna talk about the bundled app.…So I'm just gonna tap on the one that says OneNote…and we can start working with that.…Now just a quick reminder,…OneNote is one of those apps…that will not work if you are not linked…to a Microsoft online account.…So if your computer is not already set to log in…with a Microsoft online account…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.