Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Switch between Tablet mode and Desktop mode, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] Windows has a dedicated Tablet mode…which changes the interface to be much more friendly…to touch controls for those times…when you're using your tablet or Microsoft Surface…or 2-in-1 computer strictly as a tablet.…In fact, most of the apps on the Windows app store…are designed to work full-screen in this Tablet mode.…Tablet mode is for those times…when you want an experience that's more like…an iPad or Android tablet and less like…a desktop computer with a mouse and keyboard.…Now getting in and out of Tablet mode is really easy.…In fact, we saw where to go in an earlier movie.…
I need to open up the Action Center,…so I'm going to place my finger…on the far-right edge and swipe to the left…which pops open Action Center.…Now I'm looking for the button down…at the bottom that says "Tablet Mode."…Now, you may have to hit the expand button…just so you see all of the buttons there,…but since I have the Tablet Mode button…as one of the top four items,…I can just tap on it right there.…So I'll hit the Tablet Mode button…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.