Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Shut down and restart, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- Shutting down and restarting a Windows tablet,…for the most part, is the same as on a destktop computer.…What you need to do is go into the Start menu.…So I'll tap on the Start button in the bottom-left corner…to open the Start menu.…And of course, here in the Start menu…there's a button for Power,…and if I tap on that, I have the standard options…for Sleep, Shut down, and Restart.…So there's no real surprises here,…but most Windows tablets and the Microsoft Surface…also have a physical Power button.…Generally this button does not turn the computer off,…instead it puts it into the Sleep mode.…
So on this device, I can press the Power button,…and now it's in the Sleep mode.…It's using very little power when it's in the Sleep mode,…and when I need to use it again,…I can just hit that Power button to wake it up.…From here I can swipe up to get to the sign in screen,…and then I'll type in my password.…And I'm signed in again.…Putting the device into Sleep mode and waking it up…is much quicker than actually shutting it down completely.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card