Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting a PIN code for fast login, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- It may seem strange that we're starting…on a black screen here, but I wanted to talk about…unlocking a Windows tablet when it's in the sleep mode.…So my device is asleep, so I'm going to…hit the power button to wake it up.…Then I'll swipe up on this screen,…and I get to the sign-in screen.…Now I just need to type in my password for my user account.…Once I've typed in the password,…I hit return, and now I'm signed in.…Depending on some settings, which we're gonna…see in minute, you might not have to type in…your password every time you sign in.…
And depending on your security needs,…you can change those settings or even set up…a simple four-digit passcode for easier access.…So first, let's look at our settings.…I'm gonna swipe from the right edge to go to Action Center.…I'll go into All Settings, and I want to go to…the category labeled Accounts.…From here I wanna go to Sign-in Options.…These are the settings we wanna focus on in this movie.…So first I wanna look at this…option that says Require sign-in.…If you tap here, you get a menu of different options.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.